Enrichment is an important part of life at Kings Heath.
Pupils have the opportunity to choose from a range of extra-curricular activities.
Enrichment is a key driver for both Kings Heath Primary Academy and our academy sponsor – David Ross Education Trust. We provide a broad range of enrichment opportunities - focussed around Sports, the Arts and Culture - as we firmly believe that these opportunities have a number of benefits for our pupils, both academically and personally by broadening their life experiences.
As a David Ross Education Trust academy, we believe that enrichment can help to raise academic standards, enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our pupils for an ever-changing world.
Primary enrichment gives students the chance to participate in activities that supplement learning and enable them to broaden their skills and experiences, identify talent and enhance it.
Activities include visual and performing arts, including dance, drama and music. There is also a focus on art, sport, outward bound and developing life skills.
Our Enrichment Team
Enrichment Lead: Miss Durbin
Sports Coach: Mr T Larrier
Arts Teacher: Mrs K Varnsverry
Artsmark Governor: Grace Como
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer.
Highlights from previous year include:
- A Big Sing led by Opera North
- 14 of our primary schools participated in the Shakespeare Schools Festival
- 6 of our primary schools worked with The Northern Ballet, this involved a trip to see a production and several workshops
- Several of our Northamptonshire schools developed partnerships with The Royal & Derngate Theatre and The Corby Cube
Our most recent opportunities include:
- A working partnership with Lincoln Castle, Gainsborough Old Hall and The Museum of Lincolnshire Life, offering half or full-day trips.
- Nevill Holt Farm: A working farm available to our schools for day trips or camping overnight.
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
Sport: Shane Ward & Alex Green
Cultural: Jamie Healy
To contact us please call head office: 01476 566 801